Northside Hospital Forsyth
Vertical Addition 2021
- 45,852-square-foot, two-story Med./Surg. tower vertical expansion. Concrete structural expansion to create 64 new patient rooms and associated support spaces. This includes vertical jumps of 7 elevators and 3 stairwells. Skin includes curtainwall, storefront windows, masonry, EIFS, and metal panels.
Medical Office Building 5
- 136,638-square-foot, five-story building, which includes a “daylight” basement. The core, skin, and shell are to be premium with brick, metal panels, ribbon windows and curtain wall, and vertical accent fin (ground-to-roof). Also included 975 additional parking spaces to the campus. The project also included build-outs of nine separate suites totaling 45,504 square feet, including a surgery center, hydrotherapy rehab pool, imaging (MRI & CT), café, rehab facilities, and timeshare suite.
Vertical Addition 2016
- This three-floor, 65,433-square-foot, 64-patient bed addition included the build-out of mechanical space, upgrade to the central energy plant, and new elevator.
- Continued operation of the existing hospital was a priority, requiring attention to detail, intensive planning, and constant effort.
- The original five floors, including an operating room unit, ICU, and oncology patient rooms, remained fully-operational without interruption during the entirety of the construction schedule.
- Beginning with limited structural drawings, construction raced along a fast-track, 59-week schedule.
Vertical Addition 2011
- A 50,000-square-foot, three-story addition above existing operating rooms.
- The structure was constructed using cast-in-place concrete with a steel structure at penthouse level for electrical rooms.
- The skin included curtainwall and exterior installation finishing systems.
- The hospital floors consisted of education rooms, intensive care unit (ICU) rooms, and patient rooms.
- Two hydraulic elevators were extended to the fourth floor and excavated to build an electrical room at the basement level (below grade).
- Recipient of the Associated General Contractors of America, 2012 Build Georgia Award, First Place, Construction category.
Women’s Center North Wing Add.
- A 49,000-square-foot addition to the existing Women’s Center. The expansion includes 24 new patient rooms, two labor and delivery rooms, eight doctor sleep rooms, three nurse stations, offices and a new loading dock.
Vertical Addition 2010
- This 52,820-square-foot space was constructed to accommodate 52 additional patient rooms within a three-story vertical addition to the existing facility.
- The project included an infusion build-out, operating room, and addition to the central energy plant.
- The scope of work also included an addition to rehabilitation facilities for post-orthopedic surgery patients.
- Recipient of the Associated General Contractors of America, 2011 Build Georgia Award, First Place, Construction category.
- 108,000-square-foot, three-story Women’s Center.Consists of two operating rooms, twelve labor and delivery rooms, seven pre-op rooms, sixteen post-partum rooms, two newborn nurseries, one pharmacy and nine NICU rooms.
Emergency & Radiology Addition
- 52,500 square feet of new space and renovation work.
- New two-story Emergency Room building includes a lobby and reception area, three trauma rooms, 20 exam rooms, a home pharmacy and mental health rooms.
Vertical Addition 2002
- This new 38,000-square-foot space accommodates 37 patient rooms within a two-level vertical addition to the existing facility.
- The project’s scope included an addition to the central energy plant, a new pharmacy, and renovation of the existing labs.
- Recipient of the Associated General Contractors of America, 2004 Build Georgia Award, First Place, Design/Bid/Build category.
Northside Hospital | Atlanta, GA
Howell Rusk Dodson | Atlanta, GA