Batson-Cook continued to expand operations over the next few decades and became recognized as one of the premier construction organizations in the southeastern United States. In 1957, the company opened its first regional office in Jacksonville, Florida, followed in 1959 by another in Atlanta, Georgia. A third construction office was established in West Point, Georgia, in 1977.
Mr. Edmund C. Glover, third generation of the founding families, became president in 1982 and chairman and CEO in 1994. Under Mr. Glover’s leadership, the company opened a fourth regional office in Tampa, Florida, in 1983. In early 1997, Mr. Raymond L. Moody, Jr., became president and COO to direct the company’s progress. Mr. Moody was named Mr. Glover’s successor as CEO in December of 2008. In January, 2012, Mr. R. Randy Hall, formerly senior vice president and general manager of the Atlanta office, became president of Batson-Cook Company and steers the operations and forward progress of the company.
On January 10, 2008, Batson-Cook became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kajima USA. As is KUSA’s intent, Batson-Cook operates as an independent entity, just as it has for the last 98 years.
Batson-Cook’s expertise as a general contractor, construction manager, and design-build contractor spans almost every major industry throughout the Southeast, including the education, healthcare, hospitality, office, retail, multi-family residential, industrial, and religious building sectors.